Adelaide orthopaedic surgeons offering exceptional care.
Arthritis damages your muscles and tendons as well as your joints and ligaments causing joint pain and a limited range of motion.
Types of Shoulder Arthritis
There are 5 types of arthritis that affect the shoulder:
Arthritic Shoulder Treatments
Depending on the type of arthritis you have, the specialists at Adelaide Shoulder & Upper Limb Clinic may recommend:
- Lifestyle management such as rest, physical therapy or range of motion exercises
- Anti-inflammatory medication
- Cortisone injections
- Surgery (only if all other treatment fails) and may include joint replacement surgery, arthroscopy or resection arthroplasty.
When should I book an appointment with the specialist?
We recommend booking an appointment if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Severe pain in the shoulder and are unable to move it after 24 hours
- Severe swelling
- Popping or cracking sounds in the shoulder joint area
- Loss of feeling or pins and needles in the hand or arm
- Difficulty conducting everyday activities
How ASULC can help:
The specialists at Adelaide Shoulder & Upper Limb Clinic has extensive upper limb experience, including soft tissue and bone injuries. We will work with you to develop a treatment plan that will have the best possible outcome for your shoulder injury.
Have you tried our…
Shoulder pain self assessment tool?